“2 in 1” - Metzgete
Two highlights in one evening…! Our already well-known social event 2017 – in cooperation with BGS: Bring your spouse, your partner, your friend, and/or whoever is close to you! And enjoy!
Enjoying a traditional Swiss “Metzgete” and having fun…! By the way; this “Metzgete” is truly ladylike and
culinary on a very high level!
In Switzerland, “Metzgete” is known as the direct consumption of non-durable foods resulting from the slaughter of pigs, especially blood and giblets, often in the form of sausages. The “Metzgete”, which takes place each autumn, is a tradition that exists since the humans have become sedentary and have started breeding cattle. At the time, it was not possible to feed the entire herd throughout the winter. After slaughtering, it was essential to use as many products as possible, to show reasonability and accountability towards the animals. In the past, and in order to preserve the meat, people used to either dry it or put it into salt. Later, deep freezing came as an additional way to keepthe meat over longer periods of time. Each product which cannot be preserved in one way or the other has to be used immediately. Thus these were processed, among others, into blood and liver sausages, products which are still nowadays being consumed immediately and which are free from any preservatives. Before being consumed, both blood and liver sausages need to be boiled.
Participation is free of charge, but we kindly ask you to register for the event until Friday, October 27th, 2017. A flat fee of CHF 79 per person covers the location, cocktail and dinner and has to be paid in advance either using this link. Wine and “fire water” have to be paid separately at the restaurant individually. Please take notice of the corresponding no-show policy.
"2 in 1" - Metzgete
- Date: Thu November 2nd 2017
- 18:30-19:00 Cocktail
- 19:00-22:00 Dinner
- Location: Restaurant Adlisberg, Adlisbergstrasse 75, 8044 Zurich, Phone: 044 266 91 91, www.adlisberg.ch
- Directions: Take the tram no. 3 from Zurich main station and stop at “Römerhof”; from there take the “Dolderbähnli” up to the end of the line; from there, there is a 3 minutes’ walk to the restaurant. T & C under: www.stadt-zuerich.ch/.../dolderbahn
- Costs: CHF 79.- for location, cocktail and dinner; advance payment required. Please take notice of the corresponding no-show policy (no refund on late cancellation or no-show).
- Please register by buying your ticket using the website: